USA Market Entry Program
Participation Criteria Terms and Conditions
As part of its $2.2m USA Market strategy program, Wine Victoria will support wineries to participate in the Wine Australia MEP program for FY23/24 as part of its plan to increase premium Victorian wine sales in the United States of America. Wine Victoria will subsidise 50% of the entry fee for up to 20 eligible wineries.
- Wineries must comply with the following eligibility requirements to receive the subsidy:
- Wineries should have an export license and exporter ID.
- Wineries must have a registered ABN in Victoria and be a member of Wine Victoria.
- Wineries must represent wines sourced from vineyards within Victoria.
- Wine portfolios should consist of products with an average RRP above $10 AUD, reflecting current pricing trends in the US market.
- Have a strong brand story and unique selling proposition (USP) that aligns with the US market relative.
- A clear distribution and marketing strategy should be developed, including volumes available for the market and pricing, to target the appropriate importer. New product development, line extensions and wine blends should be ready for formal presentation by the start of the program.
- Preferred but not required.
- Wineries that demonstrate sustainability credentials and practices and/or are certified by Sustainable Winegrowing Australia.
- A previous track record of strong scores (90+pt) from publications such as James Suckling, Decanter and James Halliday are preferred but not required. Medal and show awards are not relevant in the US market.
- Emerging and alternative varietals and wine styles, wineries with strong innovation credentials and boutique brands. Low and zero alcohol wines are welcomed.
- Wine Victoria and Wine Australia reserve the right to select the wineries most prepared to participate in the program to receive the 50% subsidy based upon the criteria listed above.
- A completed Expression of Interest does not constitute automatic acceptance into the program and does not commit you to the program.