Wine Victoria Programs
US Market Activation
The US Market Strategy is divided into three phases to be delivered over three years. Phase 1 and 2 is planned for delivery between April 2022 and June 2024 and Wine Victoria has received $2.28 million from the Victorian government to execute this project.
Meet the team:
Strategy and program updates
Webinar: US Program Strategy & Activities Update
Watch this webinar, August 23rd 2023, 35mins
Webinar: US Insights with Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Watch this webinar and download the presentation, August 16th 2023, 55mins
Activations include funding support for Victorian wineries to take part in:
- Wine Australia’s US Market Entry program 2022-2024
- Register your interest to be included in our PR Program with US-based PR agency Wine & Spirits Spoken Here – register.
- San Francisco Wine School tasting
- Growing our footprint through partnership with key publication Vinous Media. Read more here.
- Partnership with The Tasting Panel Magazine and The Somm Journal which includes editorial Wine Victoria study guide series, advertising in magazine, Wine Buyers dinner, Victoria wine camp, Wine Victoria webinar. Register your interest in the PR Program to be included in these activities – here.
- Retailer Programs
- US Buyer inbound trade visit scheduled for March 2024
- Victorian Wine Day on 17th January 2024 in Miami
- Wine & Spirit Wholesalers of America Access LIVE, 31st January – 1st February, 2024
Connect with US contacts and agencies (updated regularly)
Our US partner Mickey Deehan is connecting Wine Victoria members with key contacts in the USA such as regional sales executives, importers, and logistics team. To learn more and access this regular updated contacts list, please reach out to our team below.
To be included in the US program and be notified of upcoming opportunities, please complete below form:
Register for Wine Victoria USA Program here.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Campaign with Provi – the largest online marketplace for beverage alcohol.
- New agreement between with Wine.com, – the United States’ largest online wine & spirits retailer by revenue, traffic, selection and reach – to increase ranging of Victorian wines on the platform and run a marketing campaign to promote Victorian wines.
Growing Victorian Wine into the Future
Victoria’s grape-growers and winemakers will benefit from a new program funded by the Department of Agriculture, run by Wine Victoria, providing support to tackle climate change, work sustainably, increase profitability, and keep abreast of market standards.
Successful implementation of the Growing Victorian Wine into the Future Program will result in a Victorian wine industry that demonstrates:
- Increased sustainability and smaller carbon footprint
- Improved quality, productivity and profitability that encourages capital investment
- Recovery and growth of Victorian wine’s contribution to the state economy, jobs and exports
- Innovation in grape growing and winemaking that engages modern consumers at home and abroad
- Healthy vine and informed practices to protect the future of Victoria’s vineyard assets
- A knowledgeable and well-connected industry that actively fosters the leaders of the future
Four key program focus areas:
Program 1 – Addressing Climate Change
Program 2 – Improving Productivity, Sustainability and Competitiveness
Program 3 – Biosecurity Awareness and Preparedness
Program 4 – Building Capability, Leadership, and Industry Assets
As part of the program, we have deliverd the following workshops:
✓ Introduction to Sustainable Winegrowing Australia certification and carbon calculator workshops to over 130 members
✓ Held 5 workshops across the state on the topic of Towards Carbon Neutral in the winery and vineyard
✓ Held 5 Sustainable Winegrowing Australia certification workshops to over 100 members
Register Now: SWA Accreditation Support
Wine Victoria is providing our members with one-on-one consulting support to assist with gaining the Sustainable Winegrowers Australia accreditation. If you are interested in registering for consulting support, please follow the link below and our team will be in touch: learn more & register here.
Bushfire Technical Response Program
Bushfires and smoke damage are an ongoing risk to the Victorian Wine Industry.
This plan was developed in response to the extensive fires of the 2019/2020 summer with the generous support of the Victorian State Government. Its aim is to support the Victorian Wine Industry in planning, preparing and responding to bushfire, smoke and emergency events, focussing on industry-specific challenges. It provides an overview and links to the latest in Australia’s world-class research in managing smoke-affected grapes, wine and fire-affected vineyards.
The objectives of this plan are to facilitate a timely, coordinated, and commensurate assistance package to the Victorian wine industry during a Bushfire event and assist in the management of communications and messaging to stakeholders and the broader community during such an event to minimise harm to industry and its reputation.
Seminar and Symposiums
The seminar and symposium program is funded by Global Victoria with the purpose of increasing trade opportunities and capability building for the wine industry for the period of FY22-23. The three major activities of this program are:
- Sponsorship of WISA impact conference held in regional Victoria to bring the Victorian/Australian wine industry together to exhibit, network and discuss the current and future opportunities and challenges for the industry.
- Sponsorship of the Pinot Noir Celebration 2023 in the Mornington Peninsula and across four key international events to profile Victoria’s pinot noir capabilities to the world.
- International Victorian Wine Showcase: Inbound trade mission and famil program to promote Victoria’s premium wines and export capabilities to key international trade audience across the US and Asia.
Next Crop leadership program
The Next Crop Leadership Program was designed to develop the future leaders from the Central Victorian wine zone and surrounds. It aimed to kick start a culture of leadership and collaboration within the participating regions resulting in a cohort who can lead the region now and can also act as mentors for future leaders. 27 Next Croppers graduated from this program in November 2022.
Thanks to the support of Wine Australia for this program.
Agriculture Victoria have engaged the services of Wine Victoria to deliver a farm gate biosecurity program targeting wine grape growers located within close geographic proximity to phylloxera “affected” areas which will see greater adoption of standard farm gate biosecurity kits including foot baths, biosecurity signage and simple protocols that managers can follow to increase their awareness of risk pathways. development and distribution of a standardised phylloxera disinfestation kit for Victorian vineyards.
The objectives of this program are to:
- Improve adoption of farm gate biosecurity measures through the distribution of footwear disinfestation kits and standardised instructional signage to wine grape producers, via industry associations.
- Promote a consistent minimum standard for the industry
- Create greater awareness and uptake of biosecurity across the entire supply chain
- Improve compliance across the industry with the latest farmgate disinfestation practices.
Victorias Five Pillars
Home to over 600 cellar doors, Victoria may be Australia’s second smallest state, but it’s home to the largest number of individual wineries — all of which are easily accessible from the cultural and culinary hub of Melbourne.
To provide visitors with easy-to-navigate guidance on how to enjoy Victorian varietal while also experiencing the best of the state’s food, nature, and local culture, there are five distinctive wine destinations, each with its own unique flavour and visitor experience.