The first intake for Wine Victoria's Future Leaders Committee has been confirmed. Congratulations to the following successful applicants:
• Aaron Drummond – National Sales & Marketing Director, Rathbone Wine Group
• Angela Brown – Director/Owner/Sales and Marketing Manager, Peter R. Brown Family Vineyards
• Isaac Lowrie – Legal Counsel, Treasury Wine Estates
• Joel Pizzini – Production Director, Pizzini Wines
• Katherine Brown – Brand Manager, Brown Brothers Milawa Vineyard
• Michael Dal Zotto – CEO/Chief Financial Officer/Chief Wine Maker, Dal Zotto Wines
• Rory Lane – Managing Director/Winemaker, The Story Wines
• Simon Flood – Cellar Door and Customer Service Manager Tarrawarra Estate
The Future Leaders Program will help talented, ambitious people in the Victorian wine industry grow to their full potential, while ensuring sustainable governance by mentoring and training future leaders for board membership.
Wine Victoria believes that sustainable governance achieves a balance between leadership stability and the need for renewal and fresh ideas. The program will help achieve this for Wine Victoria by familiarising future leaders with board processes, and fostering productive working relationships between current and potential board members.
It is also intended that the program will assist in Wine Victoria's succession planning, allowing the board to adopt and sustain specific strategic positions that will help achieve our vision, goals and specific objectives.